Thursday, March 6, 2008

At the Skate Park...

After the garden I visited the local Skate Park to work on “photographing movement”. There is something to admire about skaters. How the board becomes an extension of their body and the “Zen” like state that washes over them as they perform the various tricks that I know nothing about. The balance and centeredness that it takes to actually execute the tricks, is quite astounding. Its amazing how much one can see when one watches the skater's feet, you can see if they are confident, unsure and even the eagerness to "get it right". You can see all sorts of things if you really look.While watching this I thought about the balance that I strive for in my own life…Anyway enough of my commentary here are some of shots from yesterday. Took 327 photos yesterday….it was a good day!



"Skating Zen"





"Reserved Flight"




























"Balance"











"Read the Feet"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Cool!!!